- Mar Cabra & Erin Kissane, “The People and Tech Behind the Panama Papers,” Source (April 11, 2016) [note the amount of link rot in a story that’s only a few months old!].
- Vindu Goel, “When Yahoo Ruled the Valley: Stories of the Original ‘Surfers,’” New York Times (July 16, 2016).
- Hito Steyerl & Laura Poitras, “Techniques of the Observer,” Artforum (May 2015).
- Benjamin Bratton, “The Black Stack,” e-flux 53 (March 2014).
- Jill Lepore, “The Cobweb: Can the InterNet be Archived?” New Yorker (January 26, 2015).
- Skim Paul N. Edwards, Stephen J. Jackson, Melissa K. Chalmers, Geoffrey C. Bowker, Christine Borgman, David Ribes, Matt Burton & Scout Calvert, Knowledge Infrastructures: Intellectual Frameworks and Research Challenges (2013).
- Shannon Mattern, “Library as Infrastructure,” Places (June 9, 2014).
- Adam Greenfield, “Commoning Systems: Organize, Don’t Jargonize,” Speedbird (January 9, 2016).
…And now, over the course of the semester, we’ll examine how our knowledge institutions – particularly archives and libraries – function as informational ecologies, networks of entwined infrastructures: architectural, technical, intellectual, social…