Every semester a few students have to miss our first class for any of a number of reasons — because of travel or visa complications, because they’ve added the class after our first meeting, etc. If you’re among those who’ll be joining us late, I encourage you to take a half-hour to look through all the pages on this website:
- You’ll find the course description and numbers and my contact info on the About the Class page.
- I describe all of our readings and other resources, and how to access them, on the Resources page.
- On the Requirements and Assignments page, I list all of your responsibilities: your expectations for attendance and engagement; your reading responses (which you should begin posting within the first three weeks of the semester); your application presentation (you’ll choose a date for your presentation in the next couple weeks), and your final, which can take the form of either a traditional paper, a non-traditionally-formatted paper, or a research-based and critically-informed creative project.
- Please review our Policies + Procedures, too.
- In the Schedule + Readings section, you’ll find a separate “block” for each day of our semester. All the texts listed under a particular date are to be read for that class. Again, for more context on how these texts were chosen, see the Resources page.
- You’ll also find that on each day’s page within the Schedule + Readings section, I’ll post my slides and any other learning materials we use in class each day. Since you will miss — or have missed — our first class, please review the slides and any other materials I post on our August 28 page. I’ll post each week’s materials before class begins — i.e., by 4pm on Tuesdays.
We look forward to meeting you on Week 2! Please come to class having read all the texts listed on our September 4 page!