Skip to content
- Bonnie S. Brennen, “History” in Qualitative Research Methods for Media Studies (Routledge, 2013): 92-123.
- Richard K. Popp, “Cultural History and Media Studies,” in Angharad N. Valdivia, ed., The International Encyclopedia of Media Studies (Wiley, 2014).
- Laura Schmidt, “Using Archives: A Guide to Effective Research,” Society of American Archivists.
- David Scott FitzGerald and David Cook-Martín, “Comparative, Historical Research,” Give Methods a Chance (August 7, 2015) <audio>.
- Shamus Kahn, “Historical Data,” Give Methods a Chance (June 5, 2015) <audio>.
- Shannon Mattern, “Historical Research” [archived material].
- We could also add genealogical, archaeological, and other historical methods. But we’ll just leave this as a painfully partial list.