Skip to content
- Robert K. Merton and Patricia L. Kendall, “The Focused Interview,” The American Journal of Sociology 51:6 (1946): 451-57.
- Bonnie S. Brennen, “Interviewing” in Qualitative Research Methods for Media Studies (Routledge, 2013): 26-58.
- Irving Seidman, Interviewing as Qualitative Research: A Guide for Researchers in Education and the Social Sciences, 3rd ed. Teachers College Press, 2006).
- Sue Robinson, “The Interview: A Process of Qualitative Inquiry,” in Angharad N. Valdivia, ed., The International Encyclopedia of Media Studies (Wiley, 2014) [available electronically via The New School Library].
- Svend Brinkmann, “The Interview” in Norman K. Denzin and Yvonna S. Lincoln, eds., Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research, 5th (Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2017): 576-99.
- Natasha Mack, Cynthia Woodsong, Kathleen M. MacQueen, Greg Guest, and Emily Namey, “In-Depth Interviews” in Qualitative Research Methods: A Data Collector’s Field Guide (Family Health International, 2005): 29-50.
- Jay Borchert, “Conducting Interviews in Prisons,” Give Methods a Chance (March 9, 2016) <audio>.
- Rachel Annechino, “Interviewing for Introverts,” Ethnography Matters on Medium (January 20, 2016); “Interview,” New Media Methods (November 13, 2014).
- Elizabeth Dubois and Heather Ford, “Trace Interviews: An Actor-Centered Approach,” International Journal of Communication 9 (2015): 2067-91.