I'm pretty satisfied with the how my map turned out, especially considering I did not have a clear vision of it until late in the semester. In addition to having blurry expectations for my project, I also didn't know what to expect from the class overall at first. But now I've grateful to Shannon for creating such a unique and thought-provoking class, to the class for having so many great ideas, and to Rory for working so hard on URT. But getting to this point was an interesting journey.

As I was going through my notes to write my argument, I slashed a few sources. Then when I was posting my records, I found folders and folders of downloaded JSTOR articles and archival photos that I hadn't touched. These are the remnants of many a wrong turn in my research. I think I would have benefited from a few more theory classes before working on this project--I might have been turned in the right direction a little sooner. Nonetheless, it was an informative.

After looking at everyone else's projects, I realize that I didn't utilize the map as much as everyone else. My points serve to show the user that these public art projects were indeed in New York City and that they were at high-traffic spots (e.g. Times Square and the Holland Tunnel). It would make more sense about why my project lives on a map if other people add their projects to it in the future. I'm picturing a public art database that would work sort of like the sounds of New Orleans map Katie showed us. If my records had the video clips in them as intended, they would be experiential evidence of ephemeral art works. I think that would be culturally valuable.

I think all the work we did is very exciting.

Have a great break, everyone!